Our curriculum consists of classes in American, British and world literature, creative writing, linguistics, ESL and English education.
While in the program, you will:
- Read and discuss literature at a sophisticated level.
- Learn about and apply foundational and current scholarly criticism.
- Develop an understanding of theoretical perspectives.
- Conduct research on literary topics.
- Read in-depth in areas of personal interest.
- Develop critical thinking, research, creative and persuasive skills.
- Expand horizons by working with highly-trained faculty.
Most of our classes are held in person. We also offer hybrid courses that blend face-to-face instruction with online assignments. Classes are held 1 night per week, Monday through Thursday, usually from 5:30–8:10 p.m. Classes generally involve an average of 10–15 hours of work outside of class per week.