Rhetoric & Writing Studies Graduate Certificate
Gainful employment programs are non-degree programs available at Weber State University that are intended to prepare students in a recognized occupation.
This certificate will provide students with advanced training in Rhetoric and Writing Studies with an emphasis on the teaching of college-level composition.
- Grade Requirements: Students must receive a grade of B or better in every course.
- Credit Hour Requirements: The program of study consists of 12 credit hours. This includes 9 credit hours of required courses and a minimum of 3 credit hours of electives.
Required Courses for 2022-23 Catalog
- MENG 6130 - Theories of Rhetoric and Writing Studies Credits: (3)
- MENG 6140 - Foundations of Professional and Technical Writing Credits: (3)
- MENG 6822 - Teaching College Writing Credits: (2)
- MENG 6823 - Teaching Practicum Credits: (1)
Choose one (1) of the following courses:
- MENG 6110 - Writing for Teachers Credits: (3)
- MENG 6330 - Literary and Rhetorical Stylistics Credits: (3)
- MENG 6730 - Creative Writing Forms and Crafts Credits: (3)