Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)
Undergraduate students from the following states may apply for this program: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wyoming.
This scholarship results in a reduced tuition level, where you pay 150% of WSU's regular resident tuition instead of non-resident tuition. This tuition incentive program represents a savings of $7,300 per year.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman from high school or a transfer student with a minimum 2.0 GPA. The priority deadline to apply for the WUE is December 1.
- Complete the application for admission
- Complete the scholarship application
- This scholarship is available for 8 semesters (Fall and Spring semesters only). Summer semester does not count as part of the 8 semester limit.
- Nonresident students pay only resident tuition if they attend summer semester.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time (12-18 credits).
- You must maintain full-time status and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, depending on the type of scholarship.
- Annually submitting the scholarship application and checking 'YES' on the WUE Scholarship option will notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office at Weber State University of your intention to continue enrollment.
- Students with majors in Dental hygiene or Nursing programs are not eligible.
- Students enrolled in distance learning, contract courses and most independent study or study abroad programs are not eligible.
- Time spent in Utah on the WUE cannot be counted towards establishing resident student status.
- The program is not available for students who are already attending Weber State University. Exceptions may be made where space is available in the program by WSU Financial Aid & Scholarship Office.
- Selection for participation in the program is on a space-available basis. A finite number of waivers are available within an academic year.
More information about Western Undergraduate Exchange Program
If you have questions or would like to discuss other opportunities such as financial aid, other scholarship opportunities, financial arrangements, and or residency requirements for non-resident students, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Other requirements may apply. For further scholarship information, please contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at 800-848-7770 or visit us at the WSU Ogden campus, Student Services Building, Room 120.