- Mission Statment
The mission of the Student Financial Aid Office at Weber State University is to administer aid funds in order to provide financial assistance to students on the basis of financial need; to contribute to the success of future generations of America by helping to fund their college education; to be a leader in innovative financial aid delivery; and to help support institutional enrollment and retention goals.
We will accomplish this by working together, as a team of financial aid professionals, to provide the highest quality service to our students, co-workers, and the University Community as a whole. We will promise what we can honestly deliver, and deliver reliably what we promise. Excellence will be our common goal and professionalism our standard. By managing our business in an exemplary manner, we will become known as a department that genuinely cares about our students.
- Our primary goal is to provide maximum available aid to all qualified students in order to enable them to have access to a quality education. The Student Financial Aid Office will ensure that qualified students who have been admitted to the University will not be prevented from enrolling and continuing enrollment solely for lack of financial resources. Also, under-represented groups will be provided extra assistance in navigating the financial aid processes in order to promote diversity, hence, adding to the enrichment of the university community.
- Our additional goal is to provide a system of financial planning and advising services. This system will assist families of future students with planning wisely for educational expenses. It will also assist current students in managing their existing resources and debt arising from educational loans. We will instill a knowledge and responsibility in students and their families by helping them understand the implications of student loan indebtedness as part of the whole education process.
- The Student Financial Aid Office will focus on providing quality customer service. Quality service will be defined in terms of responsiveness, accuracy, and timeliness, as our clients perceive these. Service will also be defined through our compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines. Assistance rendered by the Student Financial Aid Office will always be pleasant and courteous.
- We recognize the importance of the following values to the success of our mission to be a leader in innovative financial aid delivery:
- Customer Focus: Delivering customer satisfaction is our number one priority. This drives everything we do.
- Respect for People: We treat our students, parents, and each other as valued and respected customers.
- Teamwork: Through mutual support and cooperation, we strive to optimize the contribution each of us makes to the student and community we serve.
- Professionalism: We hold ourselves to the highest standards and respond in a timely and helpful manner to our customers -- always seeking to exceed their reasonable expectations. As a team, we adhere to our Association's (NASFAA) "Statement of Good Practices."
- Quality: We strive for excellence in our products, our performance, and our people.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Curriculum Grid
- Program and Contact Information
- Assessment Plan
- Annual Assessment Results
- Program Review