Wildcat Center Strength and Cardio Policies
- Participants using the strength and cardio equipment must be at least 18 years of age, a current WSU student, or have prior authorization
- Proper athletic attire is required in strength and cardio areas at all times. Such attire is defined as:
- Closed-toe, non-marking athletic shoes only. Dress shoes, sandals, cleats, etc. are not permitted.
- Shirts and bottoms are required at all times. Bottoms that contain zippers, rivets, belt loops or buttons are not permitted.
- Any items which inhibit body heat transfer or restrict breathing are not permitted.
- All clothing and footwear must be free of dirt, mud, snow, etc.
- Exercising in stairways or other public walkways is not allowed.
- Personal items should be stored in the locker room or cubbies. Employees are not permitted to hold items for participants. WSU is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All weights, kettlebells, medicine balls, equipment attachments, and weight bars must be returned to appropriate rack after use.
- Weights of any kind are not permitted on the elevated track or the basketball courts.
- Excessive slamming or dropping weights is not allowed. Olympic bars should be handled in a manner consistent with the lift(s) being performed.
- Participants are expected to wipe down equipment after use using provided antibacterial solution/towels.
- Food, gum, tobacco, and beverages other than water are not permitted without prior authorization from the professional staff. Refrain from mixing powdered drinks in the facility.
- There is a 30-minute limit on all cardiovascular equipment while others are waiting.
- Please share the equipment by permitting others to work in between sets. Limit lengthy rest between sets while participants are waiting.
- For your safety, participants are required to abide by all staff requests.
- Participants are prohibited from taking photos or video of other participants in the facility without documented prior consent.
- Headphones are required for electronic devices that emit sound. Headphone usage may be restricted in the Arena during athletic track practices.
- Personal training or private instruction is restricted to certified individuals specifically employed to do so by WSU.
- Multipurpose studios may only be used for scheduled group exercise classes, personal training, and WSU approved activities.
- Failure to abide by policies and procedures may result in loss of user privileges.
WSU Wildcard identification cards are property of the University. Misuse of IDs to gain facility access is considered fraud. Campus Recreation staff may confiscate misused, expired, or invalid Wildcards and may require the person(s) to leave the facility. Misuse of Wildcards may also result in loss of facility access privileges or further disciplinary action by the University.