Counseling & Psychological Services Center
The mass shooting at Michigan State can trigger fear and anxiety. If you are in crisis and need to talk to someone, please contact the Counseling & Psychological Services Center. Here are some helpful resources:
- Dealing with a school shooting
- The road to resilience
- JED’s How to Cope With Traumatic Events
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Tips for Coping With Traumatic Events
- Vanderbilt University’s Teaching in Times of Crisis
- Learn more about anxiety
- Learn more about grief and loss
- Disaster distress helpline: 1-800-985-5990 | @distressline | Facebook | Text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- If you or someone you know is experiencing signs of distress, please reach out to a mental health professional or get anonymous, free support by:
- Texting START to Crisis Text Line at 741-741
- Contacting the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988.
Growing Together Couples Boot Camps
Open to students and partners. Please plan to attend one of the offered sessions.
- March 25 and April 15
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
We have partnered with Blomquist Hale Solutions to help ensure that you can get the help you need. Rest assured that CPSC is still here to help as many students as we can, but if Blomquist Hale Solutions can provide you with appointments more quickly or during more convenient hours, please consider contacting them.
Other Counseling & Psychological Services Center Resources:
Call to make a FREE appointment: 801-626-6406
Student Services Center, Suite 280
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Building D2, Room 262
Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Virtual & Occational After-Hours Appointments Are Available
Suicide risk increases during challenging times like these. Raising awareness about signs and symptoms, and educating people about how to respond, are key in saving lives. Check out the Intermountain Healthcare online suicide prevention 15-minutes training module.
Accessing Therapy in the Community
Counseling & Psychological Services Center Resources