Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of parking do you have?

We have open, uncovered parking. Parking is in lots that surround the buildings and provide parking spots for both vehicles and motorcycles. 

Parking passes are required to park on any lot or street on campus. For housing you can buy an RW or an R pass for the academic year through Parking Services.

R Pass allows you to only parking at housing facility R lots.

RW Pass allows you to park on-campus as well as in the housing R lots.

Can I see what a room looks like before I complete my contract?

Absolutely! We offer tours Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4 PM. Tours are drop in so there is no need to schedule an appointment. If you are coming on a day or time that we do not offer tours email and we make every effort to accommodate your request. 

How do I get to campus from University Village?

The University provides a free shuttle service from the Dee Events Center to campus during the academic year. The Dee Events Center is across the street from University Village. The shuttle takes students to the Stewart Library located in the center of campus and back to the Dee Events Center. All other housing facilities are located closer to the center of campus.

Ogden Campus Map

What sizes are the beds?

They are twin extra long. The bedding is called twin extra long or dorm size.

What happens if my roommate and I do not get along?

There is a Resident Assistant assigned to every floor and can help mediate the conflicts between you and your roommate.

Can I bring my own furniture?

Yes, but it is not recommended because the furniture provided by Housing & Residence Life cannot leave the facility. Residents are responsible for the provided furniture. If the furniture is not present at checkout, then the resident is subject to a fine.

Do I have to pay a security deposit?

Yes, the security deposit must be paid at the time the contract is submitted.  Scholarships and financial aid will not pay for the security deposit.  Be aware, Housing also charges a $50 contract fee that is non-refundable.

After completing your housing application, you will be required to pay your housing deposit.

How to pay

When and how do I get my security deposit back?

You will get your security deposit back within thirty days from checkout minus any damages, cleaning fees, or unpaid balances. To receive your full security deposit follow the checkout procedures listed on the current resident’s page. Refund checks are mailed to the forwarding address that you provide at the time of your check - out. If you have any questions about the check - out process, please contact a Housing staff member. 

What if I want to stay in summer housing?

You will need to go into your current contract in your eWeber portal and re-apply for the summer at University Village.  If you are a new student then you will need to fill out a current contract and select University Village for your housing. University Village is the only facility we use for the summer term.

I checked out of my room last week and haven’t received my deposit back yet

There could be a couple of reasons why.

  1. The Housing Office has up to 30 days from the day you checked out to process you out of the system.
  2. If you have any outstanding fees with Housing or Weber State, your deposit would be applied to the fees before any refund is processed.

You billed me for damages and cleaning fees and I don’t think I should have to pay them

You have 30 days from the time you receive your housing statement to appeal any charges on your housing account. If you want to appeal, go to the Weber website, under housing, click on “housing appeals”. Once you submit your appeal it should be resolved within 10 business days. An email will be sent to your Weber portal with the result.

How come I paid $200 for my deposit and only received $150 back?

The $200.00 is split. $150.00 is your deposit and $50.00 is your non-refundable application fee.

Are there any cooking facilities in the Wildcat Village?

Yes, within the common areas on most floors.

Where are the laundry rooms?

At University Village, the laundry room is in the Community Center.

In Wildcat Village, the laundry rooms can be found on almost every floor.

Is there any married/family housing?

We are currently not offering married housing.

To request consideration/information for married housing email

How do I know if I have been accepted or what my room assignment is?

All communication with Weber Housing is done through your Weber email (located in your student portal).  Once you are accepted you will receive an email providing the plan and room type you have been accepted to. Room assignments are not made until approximately 1 month prior to the start of the term and all information will be sent through your Weber email.

For the Fall semester all room assignments (including roommates) are sent out in early July. For the spring semester room assignments (including roommates) are sent out in late November.

Anytime your roommates are changed or there is a change to your room assignment you will receive an email from Housing updating the information.

What if I want to cancel my contract?

Please see the termination policy located in your contract addendum. All communication must be in writing.

If I cancel my contract will I still get my deposit back?

No, once you submit your contract it becomes a binding contract. You will be charged a termination fee according to when you canceled and your deposit is forfeit and applied towards that fee.

I was told if I lived out of state I wouldn’t have to pay a termination fee for canceling my contract. Is this true?

No, this is not true. You still have a termination fee for breaking your contract.

How much time do I have to cancel my contract before I am charged a termination fee?

Once you submit your contract and we accept it, your contract is in force.

Do I have to let housing know if I am canceling my contract or can I just not show up?

All cancellations and or changes on your account need to be emailed to us immediately. You may call with questions, but we can’t make changes on your account unless you email us through your Weber Portal to

What do I do if my personal information has changed or I want to make a change to my contract?

Only the Housing Office has the ability to change information on your contract once it has been submitted.  All communication must be in writing. You can send an email to and we will update your information.