Applying to the Teacher Education Program
Congratulations on wanting to become a teacher! “You’re the only one who can make a difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it." - Earvin Magic Johnson
The Teacher Education Department has a selective admissions process, which is separate from Weber State University admission. Please review the Admission Requirements document listed below as well as the document for the specific program you are interested in.
Admission Requirements, Checklist - This will provide you with the information necessary to apply for the teacher education program.
- Click here if you want to view the GPA Rating Scale
- Application - This will take you to the online application for the teacher education program.
- ENTRANCE EXAM INFORMATION:
- Secondary: Students take PRAXIS II content exam(s) in your area(s).
- Elementary, double major in Elementary/Early Childhood Ed., and Special Ed. majors: must take the PRAXIS II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001) test. The 4 subtests include Language Arts/Reading (157), Mathematics (157), Science (159), and Social Studies (155) and you must pass all 4 subtests to be eligible for admission into the Teacher Education Dept.
- Early Childhood Ed. (K-3) majors only: must take the PRAXIS II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001) test, or the PRAXIS II Early Childhood: Content Knowledge (5022).
- All Programs: ACT scores may also be used for admission and are valid for six years. Required scores - ACT composite score of 21 with a verbal/English score no less than 20 and a mathematics/quantitative score of no less than 19.
- To register for PRAXIS II, please go to www.ets.org.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader or compatible program is required to view the forms.