Congratulations on wanting to become a teacher! “You’re the only one who can make a difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it." - Earvin Magic Johnson
The Teacher Education Department has a selective admissions process, which is separate from Weber State University admission. Please review the Admission Requirements document listed below as well as the document for the specific program you are interested in.
Admission Requirements, Checklist - This will provide you with the information necessary to apply for the teacher education program.
- Click here if you want to view the GPA Rating Scale
- Application - This will take you to the online application for the teacher education program.
- ENTRANCE EXAM INFORMATION:
- Secondary Education students must take the CAAP test. The CAAP test has five subject areas: Reading (59), Writing (61), Writing Essay (3.0), Math (54), and Critical Thinking (no min. score). You must pass all subject areas to be eligible for admission to Teacher Education. To register for the CAAP go to www.weber.edu/caap. There are study guides listed on the page as well as at www.act.org/caap. Students can also take the Praxis II Content exam in the teaching major area.
- Elementary, Elementary/Early Childhood Education, and Special Education are required to pass the 5031 Elementary Education Multiple Subjects test. The four subtests include Language Arts/Reading (165), Mathematics (165), Science (159), and Social Studies (155). You must pass all four subtests in order to be eligible for admission to Teacher Education.
- Early Childhood Education majors are required to take the 5022 Early Childhood Content Knowledge Praxis II test or the 5031 Elementary Education Multiple Subjects test.
- To register for PRAXIS II, please go to www.ets.org.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader or compatible program is required to view the forms.