Faculty Sustainability Research Awards
Sustainability Practices and Research Center (SPARC) grants two annual awards to recognize exceptional Faculty Sustainability Research Projects each year. These $1,000 awards will be given in one or both of the following categories:
1) traditional scholarship (i.e., conference or journal-targeted academic research/writing)
2) applied scholarship (i.e., tangibly benefiting community, campus, students or teaching, etc.).
The two winners will be selected by a review committee made up of members of the WSU Faculty Environmental Initiatives Committee.
Qualifying submissions include any traditional research or applied project completed during the 2023 calendar year or in the 2024 Spring semester.
Sustainability research is defined as research or scholarship that explicitly addresses sustainability concepts, advances shared understanding about the interdependence of ecological, social, and economic systems, or has a primary and explicit focus on a major sustainability challenge.
Submissions will be judged on the following:
- The link to sustainability, expansively defined,
- the generation of new content or knowledge for sustainability,
- the research approach, including creativity/originality, and
- the impact (practical or scholarly).
For consideration, complete the form below, and email all submission documents/information to the review committee chair, Shellee Dyer firstname.lastname@example.org (Environmental Initiatives Committee) by Monday, March 27, 2024.
Please be sure to include all information requested on the submission form and any supporting documentation — missing information may result in the disqualification of a submission.