Provides advanced administrative skills to nurses who have a non-administration focused MSN degree.
In this program, you will gain knowledge and skills required to function as an effective nurse administrator.
Upon graduation, you will be able to apply sound evidence-based concepts and strategies to ensure organizational quality and delivery of patient care, establish a professional practice environment, facilitate shared governance, establish an interdisciplinary care model for diverse populations in multiple settings, manage resources with vision and accountability and provide leadership in the utilization of research.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- NRSG 6255 - Leadership and Accountability in Advanced Nursing (2)
- NRSG 6300 - Quality Improvement, Patient Safety and Risk Issues in Patient Care Delivery (3)
- NRSG 6324 - Financial Issues in Nursing Administration (2)
- MHA 6000 - Healthcare Economy (3)
- Optional Student Residency:
- NRSG 6400 - Nurse Leader: Executive Residency (2) (84 hours)
Certificate courses may not be concurrently applied towards the WSU MSN degree.