Weber State University (WSU) Scholarships
WSU provides more than $90 million in financial aid and scholarships each year.
Scholarships may be awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, leadership or other criteria.
Beginning October 1, students will be able to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This will allow you to know much earlier your financial aid award for the next school year. Also, students selected for verification wil have an easier time verifying income because you can use tax information that was submitted from the prior year. Students can accelerate the application process by using the Data Retrieval Tool. This tool retrieves tax information for the IRS database and reduces the amount of verification required. The benefits for applying early and using the Data Retieval Tool are: a) finding out earlier what aid is available; b) ensuring that the aid will be received before the semester begins; c) helping qualify for other need-based WSU scholarships; d) being in the best position to receive more need-based institutional grant funds. Visit the WSU Financial Aid & Scholarships page for further information and for all necessary guidelines, etc.
We often have confusion as to the difference between a full time program and full time credits. If your scholarship or financial aid requires you to be full time, that is full time credit load. Credit load is identified as follows:
- Full time = 12 credits
- 3/4 time = 9 credits
- 1/2 time = 6 credits
To obtain full Pell Grants you must be enrolled full time--not be in a full time program. Pell Grants are adjusted each semester based on the amount of credits you are taking if not enrolled full time (see above).
Nursing is a full time program. This means that you have all university requirements met for the AS degree and have no other classes to take but nursing.
Annie Taylor Dee School of Nursing (SON) Scholarships
All students accepted into the nursing program are eligible for Annie Taylor Dee SON Scholarships. The Annie Taylor Dee SON has numerous scholarships available and our generous donors outline the award criteria for scholarships. The majority of our scholarships require students to be at least 1/2 time. Whether you are eligible for financial aid or not, you must complete the mandatory applications. Failure to complete all the required steps on the WSU Scholarship page will render you ineligible for any and all scholarships. Below are some of the mandatory applications that must be completed for eligibility and the links are found on the WSU Scholarhip page.
- you must apply for FAFSA
- you must apply for WSU Financial Aid/Scholarships in the eWeber portal
- you must have a WSU GPA for any Nursing Scholarships.
Private Donor Scholarship Opportunities. At times, we receive other private scholarship opportunities. The private donors of these scholarships require their own specific criteria so read carefully and make sure you complete all pertinent information. As we receive these scholarships, they will be added to the student bulletin board and the link will become active. Make sure you have followed the WSU financial aid and scholarship requirements noted above.
- Making the Financial Grade Essay Contest Scholarship requirements: Current Utah college students who have completed the Utah high school financial literacy course. Deadline: December 31, 2018.
- NursingSchoolsAlmanac.com has just launched its second annual RN to BSN Scholarship. Click on RN to BSN Scholarship Banner. Application deadline: midnight December 31, 2018.
- Dr. Richard McDermott was an accounting professor at Weber State. When he retired he began the Stella H. Oaks Foundation which provides scholarships for single heads of households at Utah University. This is not a WSU Scholarship. The Foundation awards them directly. The scholarships are part-time or full-time students who are single heads of households working toward degrees that will increase their earning potential. Interested students hsould email Rich Kotter, email@example.com, at the Stella H. Oaks Foundation to request consideratrion for the scholarship.
- The Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship. Amount: $1000, Deadline: June 30, 2019, One Time Award,
The Annie Taylor Dee School of Nursing is appreciative of the generous community support in the form of scholarships for our students.
For more information, contact Marguerite Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Workforce Services Training Services Program. Please see flyer for further information.
Additional resource information for your college education.