- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA* (Overall GPA or Last 60 credits GPA)
- Send Official transcripts directly to ATCAS from ALL other colleges/universities attended or currently attending
- If a non-WSU student, complete the Prerequisites Worksheet** and upload in ATCAS (see Prerequisites for list of prerequisite courses)
- Upload application essay/personal statement in ATCAS describing your professional goals and reason for choosing Athletic Training as a career
- Add Two References in ATCAS (at least one reference must be a college-level instructor)
- Upload documentation in ATCAS of at least 50 observations hours with a Certified Athletic Trainer (or similar healthcare provider for international applicants)
- Pay application fee to submit application through ATCAS
- Participate in program Interview (scheduled in person or virtual Zoom meeting)
* Grade point averages between 2.75 and 2.99 may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
** This is used to determine if the courses you have taken (or are planning to take) outside of WSU align with our prerequisite courses. Please incude the catalog course description and grade (if completed) for each course. If you are unsure if a course aligns with one of our prerequisite courses, you should first check our list of accepted courses (Google Sheet). If your institution or course is not on this list, please email your prerequisite worksheet to Dr. Conrad Gabler (email@example.com). Dr. Gabler will respond to inform you of which courses do or do not align with our prerequisite coruses and/or if additional information (i.e., copy of course syllabi) is required to make that determination.
Note: If you email Dr. Gabler from a Hotmail account and do not receive a reply within 3 days, please email him again from a different type of account. Due to security, WSU emails sometimes reject emails from Hotmail accounts.