Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
Orientation will begin on August 20, 2018, one week before the start of the fall semester.
Gain the skills and knowledge to become a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
Minimum Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Admission to Weber State University (Students apply only to the MSAT and will be admitted to WSU and the MSAT concurrently. Students do NOT need to apply for WSU general admissions)
- GRE scores (only required if GPA is below a 3.0 - send to school code 1770)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA*
- Submit Graduate Athletic Training Student Application - found at: https://atcas.liaisoncas.com
- Submit Application Essay (see online application for details)
- Two References - at least one reference must be a college-level instructor
- Grade of C or better in all prerequisite courses (all prerequisites must have been completed within the last 10 years prior to application)**
- Documentation of at least 50 observation hours with a Certified Athletic Trainer (or similar healthcare provider for international applicants)
- Program Interview - in person or over the phone
- Completed Technical Standards Form (can be completed after admission)
- Official Transcripts from ALL other colleges/universities attended - send directly to ATCAS (see address above) - For any coursework completed outside the United States, a course-by-course transcript evaluation is required. See https://weber.edu/msat/internationalapplicants.html for more details.
- Proof of immunizations (can be completed after admission)
- Hepatitis-B vaccination (can be completed in first semester if deficient)
- Current Emergency Medical Response and CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Healthcare Providers certification cards (can be completed in first semester if deficient)
- Pay Application fee
* Grade point averages between 2.75 and 2.99 will be considered if GRE scores are above average.
** Students who are deficient in four or fewer prerequisite courses may be admitted on a conditional basis if the courses can be added to the schedule while still meeting the prerequisites prior to each graduate course.
The application deadline is January 15 for the following fall semester. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a rolling admissions basis if available slots still exist. Students are encouraged to apply by the January 15th deadline, as the program typically reaches capacity by that point. The online application may be accessed online at https://atcas.liaisoncas.com.
Additional Admission Requirements for International Students
All international students and any applicants educated outside the U.S. must demonstrate proficiency in English. Those whose native language is not English, or whose language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, will be required to submit an official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) which is not more than two years old and on which a minimum score of 563 (paper-based) or 85 (internet-based) has been earned. The MSAT Program also accepts the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - applicants may have an official score report sent to the MSAT Program Director which is not more than two years old and on which a minimum score of 6.5 has been earned.
Students who have not earned the minimum required English proficiency scores may still be admitted conditionally. These students would be required to begin ESL and other coursework at Weber State University one semester prior to beginning MSAT coursework. During this preparatory semester, students would be required to complete, with a grade of a C+ or better, approximately 8 credits of ESL courses and complete, with a grade of C or better, approximately 6 credits of MSAT prerequisite courses. The MSAT Program Director will determine which ESL and prerequisite courses are most appropriate based on the student’s undergraduate coursework and English proficiency scores.
Minimum English Proficiency scores for conditional admissions:
TOEFL (internet-based) – 70
TOEFL (paper-based) – 525
IELTS – 6.0