The weber.edu homepage features a large showcase banner image to highlight strategic, university-wide messages. These images and messages are created and managed by Marketing & Communications, which uses one image per banner, with limited exceptions. We do not put text over a banner image.
If you have a major program or strategic message you would like featured, contact web content manager Anna Burleson at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be highlighted, a banner must speak to a wide audience and further the university’s marketing goals.
We do not use this space to highlight events, with extremely limited exceptions. If you have an event you want featured on the homepage, our Featured Events section is a better fit.
Examples of messaging we currently highlight with the banner include:
- The Dream Weber scholarship program
- Financial aid and FAFSA assistance
Marketing & Communications staff members select events that have been submitted to the WSU master calendar to fill this section of the homepage. To see who in your college/division can submit calendar items, or to become an authorized user, visit https://weber.edu/bulletinboardhelp.
Calendar items will be selected for promotion on the homepage based on the following criteria:
- The event is appropriate for a broad audience. Preferably, it would be open to WSU students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members. Events for solely WSU students are acceptable, but they should be pertinent to all or the vast majority of students.
- The calendar submission has appropriate accompanying artwork (in content, size and quality) to be featured on the homepage. Art must be 300 pixels wide x 200 pixels high at 150 resolution. If text is included it should be centered and not reach the edge of the image.
- The calendar submission has all pertinent information included and links to a URL with complete information.
- Selected events showcase a broad range of interests and subjects.
Calendar items will be copied onto the homepage calendar and may be edited by Marketing & Communications for clarity.