Roles & Responsibilities
The site visit team is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Review of the content of the program to ensure that it is consistent with high standards and practices within the discipline.
- Engage with faculty, staff, and students associated with the program in order to develop an understanding of the program’s day-to-day functioning.
- Review resources (faculty, facilities and selected budgets, such as travel budgets) to ensure that they are consistent with supporting a quality program.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the program.
- Note any concerns or recommendations about the rates of recruitment of new students, placement of graduates and sensitivity to community and professional needs.
- Review sufficiency of the evidence of student learning.
- The individual identified as the site visit team chair will compile the identified strengths and weaknesses and resulting recommendations and/or commendations into a final report that should be submitted to the program chair within three weeks of the visit.