Product Design Development
- Mission Statment
The PDD Program at Weber State University will be a growing, nationally recognized, program offering ABET Accredited BS degrees that afford faculty and students opportunities for intellectual and personal growth. We will prepare students to demonstrate professional competence within the discipline and serve the needs of the design in mechanical/manufacturing, service, and public sectors of Utah and throughout the nation.
Our Industrial Advisory Board is the primary/key constituency to review of Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes in an annual meeting. Any changes will be discussed in the meeting, and any newly approved changes will be documented in the meeting minutes which will be reflected on the program website. Then an annual survey is sent to all PDD-majored students to approve the new changes on Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes.
ABET Required Program Educational Objectives
1. Prepare graduates with knowledge, problem solving ability, and hands on skills to enter careers in drafting and basic design of mechanical components and systems.
2. Graduates of associate degree programs shall have competency in drafting, including at least one commercial CAD software package appropriate to the program objectives.
3. Baccalaureate degree graduates are prepared with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to enter careers in applied mechanical design.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Curriculum Grid
- Program and Contact Information
- Assessment Plan
- Assessment Report Submissions
- Program Review