Three Components of CL Part C
C.1. Data Manipulation Students will manipulate and analyze data using various software applications and basic programming.
C.2. Data Visualization Students will organize data using various graphical methods such as charts and infographics to appropriately convey
C.3. Data Presentation Students will create an effective, well-designed presentation using current technologies.
For Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint 2016 version of the CL DVP Test
This exam tests your knowledge of Microsoft 2016 Spreadsheets and Microsoft 2016 Powerpoint. This is a production exam. Use the practice problems provided to prepare for the exam. Formulas are the same in all the Microsoft versions. Some of the formatting options may not be available in older software.
Download the following three start files and save them to your flash drive or desktop. Save the files with new names; [Last Name]CL DVP Practice 2016, [Last Name]CL DVP Practice start file 2016, and [Last Name]Utah Unversity Start File 2016.
Areas to Study
- How to start a formula
- How to use the function bar
- Conditional formatting
- If statements
- Average, minimum, maximum functions
- Formulas versus functions
- Absolute cell reference
- Know how to figure percent of change
- Order of operations (where to put parentheses)
- Determining percentages and percent of increase and decrease
- Basic math formulas (division, subtraction, multiplication, addition)
- Understand formatting of cells and cell styles
- Charts (including: creation, formatting, sources, titles, legends, etc.)
- PMT function
- Formatting a spreadsheet and chart (all aspects of formatting)
- Know how to use the Format Painter option
- Know how to set up two lines of text in a title row or column
- Merge and center options
- Alignment options
- Cell styles, title styles, background styles, etc
- Themes and color changes to themes
- Color changes (font, background, titles)
- Before taking this exam, be sure you are enrolled in the CL Exam WEB 1503 test and not one of the WEB online, lab, or classroom Data Manipulation, Visualization, and Presentation classes.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Excel 2016 and Microsoft Powerpoint 2016. The 2016 software is available in lab 311 of Elizabeth Hall. If you can work the problems you should have no trouble with the test.
- The tests are meant for those who have enough knowledge of the software to pass the tests. There are classes for those who do not.
- This is a timed, one hour Production exam. It is your responsibility to keep track of time.
- If you go over the 60 minute time limit, your grade will be reduced 10 points for every 10 minutes. (it is better to complete the exam than to stop because of time)
- You have three chances to take each exam; the first attempt and two retakes.
- If you do not pass the exam, pay the cashier $10, and bring the receipt with you to take the second or third test.
- This is a closed book test. You may not refer to your book, notes, Internet or neighbor while taking this test.
- This exam is available in Elizabeth Hall 311 on the WSU Main Campus.
- The exam can be taken on a MAC or a PC.
- The Computer Literacy Center is currently using Windows 10 and Microsoft 2016.
- A valid student ID card and student ID#(W00000000) are required to take the exam.
- Be sure to check your score which will be posted in Canvas as it is graded. It will be your responsibility to make sure you have passed.