Faculty Test Procedures and Policies
Policy Guide For Faculty
- As determined by the Faculty Testing Advisory Committee, exam reviews will not be given during finals. This period begins the Saturday before as reviews will resume the following Friday. There are not enough testing stations to accommodate both finals traffic and exam reviews.
- The Testing Center staff takes the instructor’s written instructions literally. Any allowance of testing aids must be spelled out. This agreement is between Testing and the faculty member. Any notes of permission, syllabi, or emails brought in by the student will not be considered.
- Faculty may not ask for test aids or circumstances that are either beyond our ability or against Testing or National College Testing Association standards. This includes word processors allowed in the test room.
- All submitted paper exams must be at least two days in duration. The Testing Centers are not equipped to handle one-day tests in which entire classes show up at once or within a short period.
- Because of the potential volume of examinees on a certain day or our own record keeping, the Testing Department uses Chi Tester for online exams. We do not allow faculty to bring in their own disks or request the use of an internet site or program. This is disruptive to the process of checking students in or out, aside from producing accuracy issues.
- Valid and current picture identification is required of all students who wish to test. This approved list includes a driver license, military identification, passport, or Wildcat card. It does not include a concealed weapon permit, food handlers permit, employment identification, credit card, or any other non-approved form of identification. Faculty has the right to identify a student, but it must be in person. A phone call or email does not positively identify a student or the faculty member.
- We do not take a student’s homework for hand-in.
- Students have the option of using a whiteboard instead of scratch paper for Chi Tester exams. No one is compelled to use the whiteboards.
- In the case of certain misconduct, we place holds on students’ accounts in order for them to be compelled to visit the dean of students or to meet with our management. Under rare circumstances, a student may be banned from Testing Centers, but this process is also initiated through the dean of students.
- The Testing Center is not a liaison or arbiter between the student and the faculty member. We do not chase down a test that has not been delivered, nor do we call faculty if a student is late for an exam. It is up to the student to approach the faculty about such a situation. The Testing Center does have a responsibility to contact faculty about an emergency, a cheating incident, or something that is our fault.
- Calculators that have a separate area on the surface dedicated to a keyboard are not allowed in Testing Centers. These calculators are more akin to computers than to other calculators because they can connect to other devices and often to the internet.
- For paper exams, the numbered copies must be delivered to a testing center. Copies should include instructor name, course name, as well. The centers do not pick up or deliver exams. We also do not make copies of exams.
- No test is ever sent through U.S. or campus mail.
- Paper scantron exams are processed on the red scantrons provided by the center. The green scantrons are obsolete unless the faculty member is using an outside scanner.
- Any issues relating to the Test Center may be brought up through the Faculty Testing Advisory Committee, the governing board for Testing policies. A formal review can be arranged. The names of those committee members are listed on this website.
- Any faculty member who feels these policies are not reasonable may petition the committee. Otherwise, it is up to the faculty member to evaluate if our services fit their needs.
- We have a responsibility to create a secure environment, to treat all students equally, to follow national standards, and to deal with the high traffic that comes our way.
- Time limits for Paper Chi testing are not enforced by testing staff; ALL students will be informed of time limits and testing times will be recorded. All Timed Computer Chi examinations are managed by Computer Chi and will terminate automatically.