This support group is an opportunity for WSU LGBTQIA students and allies to gather, learn from each other, and share support. Each group will center around pertinent topics of interest to participants, likely including coming out, self-acceptance, family issues, and dating/relationship challenges.
Spring Semester 2023
Mondays (Group canceled 2/27 and 3/6)
Open to all WSU students - Just drop in!
- Counseling & Psychological Services Center: 801-626-6406
- Student Services Building Suit 280
- LGBT Resource Center: 801-626-7271
- Shepherd Union Building Suite 323
- Donna Hunter, MA, CMHC
- Justin Sciarini, MSW-I
Expectations of Group Members
- In order for everyone to express opinions freely, we expect everyone to honor confidentiality. That is, we ask you not to discuss who attended the meeting and what other people said in the meeting with anyone outside of the group. We cannot legally guarantee confidentiality, but it is highly encouraged.
- We expect all group participants to be respectful. This means arriving on time, taking turns talking, and being open to different perspectives.
- This group is not a counseling or therapy group. It is a place where we can learn from each other and discuss issues of concern. If you are interested in receiving individual or group therapy to address personal concerns, speak with the facilitator from the WSU Counseling and Psychological Services Center to find out how to initiate these services.
- If the group is not meeting your needs or expectations, if there are situations in which you don’t feel comfortable, or if you have ideas on how to improve the group, the facilitators will be available briefly after each meeting and welcome your feedback.