Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration,
Health Services Administration Emphasis
Health administration is rapidly growing, as is the demand for qualified individuals.
A bachelor’s degree in our Health Services Administration emphasis prepares you for a leadership role in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, health departments, rehabilitation centers, skilled nursing facilities and a variety of other organizations within the health care industry.
As a fully certified AUPHA program, our HSA emphasis provides the skills and competencies required for supervisors and managers in a health care setting.
What You'll Learn
We emphasize topics such as:
- Individual and group behavior
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership theory and skills
- The process of change
- Organization design and culture
Advisors are arranged alphabetically by last name of student.
Contact your academic advisor to discuss your course schedule.
You must complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better to be accepted to the Health Services Administration program.
- HTHS 1101 (2): Medical Terminology
- ECON 2010 (3): Principles of Microeconomics
- ACCT 2010 (3): Survey of Accounting
- MATH 1050 (4): College Algebra
- HTHS LS1110 & 1111 (8): Integrated Anatomy & Physiology I & II or
ZOOL LS1020 (3): Human Biology
- HAS 3000 (3): The Health Care System
Recommended Course Sequencing ART
- HAS 3020 (3): Health Care Marketing
- HAS 3150 (3): Community Health Care
- HAS 3230 (3): Health Communication
- HIM 3200 (3): Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- HAS 3240 (3): Human Resource Development
- HAS 3260: Health Care Admin. & Supervisory Theory
- HAS 3750: Health Care Finance
- HIM 2330: Classification Systems Topics & Reimbursement
- HIM 3000: Computer Applications in Health Care
- HAS 4320: Health Care Economics & Policy
- HAS 4400: Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Care
- HIM 3300: Introduction to Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Elective 1
- HAS 4741: Senior Seminar Capstone
- HAS 4860: Practicum Internship
- Elective 2