POST-BACHELOR'S CERTIFICATE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Be Brilliant with online and in-person programs and certificates.
Our Post-Bachelor's Certificate program provides students that already have a bachelor's degree, with the ability to build on previous education and develop skills necessary to be an effective leader in health information management. To be eligible for admissions, you must have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college, university or equivalent.
- All courses are self-paced and online
- Learn from our experienced instructors who thoroughly understand the industry
- Financial aid can be used for this program, follow this link to learn more about using Financial aid on self-paced courses
- Tuition is $387 per credit hour, each course is three (3) credit hours, 30 credit hours total
- Our program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
The Post-Bachelor's Certification in Health Information Management is completely online, self-paced program, providing working individuals the chance to design their education format.
The layout of the program consist of:
- All courses design are in a 14 week format
- Courses are offered at anytime, you choose your start date
- The program is designed to be completed in 30 months
- Each course is allotted 6 months to complete, so you have the flexibility to create your own academic schedule
- Additional information, please view our WSU Gainful Employment Disclosure
Once you have finished the program, you are qualified to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA®) exam. Our graduates go on to pursue careers like:
- Program Director
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- Director of Risk Management
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Director of Clinical Informatics
The average salary for our Post-Bachelor's Certification graduates is around $80,600, this varies depending on location and experience level.
Discover more career options here.
The Health Information Management accreditor of Weber State University is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College’s accreditation for the Baccalaureate Health Information Management degree and certificate program has been reaffirmed through 2028/29 year.
All inquiries about the program’s accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at (312) 235-3255; or by email at email@example.com.
- 80% of students find healthcare employment within one (1) year of graduation
- 100% of students graduate within the FAFSA approved timeline of graduation
- 100% student satisfaction with HIM program
- 100% employer satisfaction rate of HIM graduates
*numbers are based on the 2020-2021 academic year
before you begin, get to know what courses will be required for this degree
Previous completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college, university or equivalent.
For questions about transfers, please contact our program Advisor, Kristi Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HIM 5000: Clinical Foundations in HIM (3)
- HIM 5010: Health Data Management (3)
- HIM 5020: Diagnosis and Procedure Coding (3)
- HIM 5030: Clinical Data Management for Quality Care and Revenue Cycle Integrity (3)
- HIM 5040: Privacy, Security and Confidentiality in Health Care (3)
- HIM 5050: Health Information Systems and Technology (3)
- HIM 5080: Health Information Management Issues (3)
- HIM 5090: Health Information Management Internship (3)
- HAS 3240: Human Resources Development in Health Care (3)
- HAS 3750: Health Care Financial Administration (3)
Total credit hours: 30
View the full course catalog for more details.
Great care is in demand. BE BRILLIANT.
know what's to come during the online application process and get started today!
Below are some areas of the online application process we thought would be helpful for you to know in advance. Once you've reviewed these and feel comfortable, you may proceed to apply online.
Payment & Additional Information
Application Fee & Tuition
Each application form must be accompanied by a $60 application fee for national students, and a $95 application fee for international students.
Payment via credit card is preferred, but other forms of payment are welcome. Additional instructions for this are found during your online application process. Checks must be made payable to Weber State University, please make sure your name is clearly written on the check. Applications will not be reviewed without payment.
Tuition is $387 per credit hour (effective May 1, 2019).
Extenuating Circumstances & Concerns
If there are extenuating circumstances or concerns (i.e. your academic performance as an accurate measure of your potential, unexplained gaps in your work experience, etc.) affecting your application that you feel the HIM Admissions Committee should be aware of, please be prepared to elaborate in a separate section of the online application process.
Transcripts & Resume
You will be asked to submit your official transcripts and current resume or CV as a part of your online application process.
Official transcripts of your academic record from all previous colleges or universities attended will be requested during the application process. You will also have the option to send your official transcripts directly to the HIM Admissions Committee. Printed transcripts must be UNOPENED, in their original sealed envelope. International students should submit their degree or degrees from a NACES approved Foreign Credentials Evaluation Company.
Please send your official paper transcripts to:
Health Administrative Services
Weber State University
3959 Stadium Way, Dept. 3911
Ogden, UT 84408-3911
Please send your official electronic transcripts to:
We are here to help you! If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our Post-Bachelor's Certification in Health Information Management, please connect with us today and start pursuing your dream tomorrow!
Request More Information
Dumke Center, room 210
3959 Stadium Way, Dept. 3911
Ogden, Utah 84408-3911