Are you looking for a fast track to a new career? Do you want to advance your career by developing new knowledge and skills? Weber State University’s College of Applied Science & Technology (COAST) can help you reach your goals.
With associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in all programs, COAST offers a lot of options: You can earn an associate’s degree in two years, find a job in your field, then complete your bachelor’s degree to improve your career prospects.
The COAST Web Pages are the place to start, most answers can be found online.
Attention New & Transfer Students
If you haven’t already done so, please attend a Weber State University New Student Orientation. At Orientation, you will meet other students, become familiar with campus, get acquainted with clubs and organizations, learn more about important policies and how to register, and attend a General Studies advising session. To reserve a seat at an Orientation, visit weber.edu/orientation or call 801-626-6050.
Most COAST majors do not have an application process. However, early advisement is important to make sure you’re taking the courses you need to fill general education requirements.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION!
Due to the number of students and limited advisors, please be patient and I will return your phone call or email. Other options for answering your questions are:
- Look online for the information you are seeking.
- Attend a student orientation.
- Contact your department directly with your questions.
- Email your faculty advisor. Find your faculty advisor here:
AAS in General Technology
The following is information for students with an approved certificate from the DATC or OWATC who are interested in the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in General Technology.
- Complete your application & contract (list all courses).
- Schedule/attend an individual appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will then be declared as a General Technology major, and a contract signed.
- Register for and attend your classes listed on your contract.
- Contact the advisor each semester to have your semester schedule reviewed.
- When all requirements are near completion contact the advisor for graduation sign off.