Who is eligible for the Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) program?

VUB serves veterans who have served at least 181 days of active duty and who meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • A low-income statue and potential first-generation college graduate (neither parent has a baccalaureate, four-year degree).
  • OR was a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces called to active duty for a period of more than 30 days (at least 31 days) on or after September 11, 2001.
  • OR was called to active duty for less than 30 days to serve in support of a contingency operation on or after September 11, 2001

What do I have to do to enroll?

Contact our office at 801-626-7173 and we will set up an appointment with an advisor. You may download a copy of our application.

What paperwork do I need to bring with me?

We need a copy of your DD-214 as proof of your veteran status. If you don't have your DD-214, we can send for it. You should also bring a copy of your last year's tax return or some other proof of income.

How will Veterans Upward Bound help me?

We will test you to determine your current academic level and your specific career interests, we will advise you as to educational opportunities and options, and then we will create a custom tutoring program that meets your educational needs. We offer to tutor in mathematics, English, and computer basics. We also offer online computer-based instruction.

How much does it cost?

These services are provided at no cost to you. That's right, it's FREE!

How long can I be in the program?

Veterans Upward Bound services are available to eligible veterans as they progress toward a post-secondary degree.

Drop in, call our office (801-626-7173) or complete our online application to get started.

Enrollment Application

Us Department Education
Trio Veterans Upward Bound
Department of Workforce Services

Veterans Upward Bound: 801-626-7173  |  vub@weber.edu  |  Facebook VUB