Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if my trip cancels?
If your WSU Study Abroad Program is canceled because of low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances, you will be notified as soon as the trip is canceled, and refunded any money you have paid for the trip.

Do I still have to pay tuition?
All WSU Study Abroad Programs are run through Continuing Education, which means all tuition and fees are included in the cost of your program.

What happens if I can’t go?
If you end up withdrawing from a Study Abroad Program, your deposit is non-refundable. However, the Study Abroad Administrator will work with you concerning refunds above and beyond the deposit. Please see the cancellation policy.

How do I sign up?
To sign up for a Study Abroad Program, either visit the Study Abroad Office in Room 170 of the Student Services Center, or call (801) 626-8740 or (801) 626-8711 for more information.

When I registered for Study Abroad, a course called CETR 3500 showed up on my transcript. What is this?
CETR 3500 is a non-credit course that allows us to enroll you and to hold your place in a Study Abroad program. It will show up on your billing statement and on your transcript as a non-credit course. 

What documents to I need to travel?
Everyone who travels abroad must have a current passport. Please make sure you have yours well before your trip leaves, and make sure it doesn’t expire for at least six months after your program ends. You may need a Visa to travel to or through some countries, and it is your responsibility to obtain these visas. The requirements for Visas vary from country to country and depend upon your citizenship. Visit the U.S. State Department website (or contact your country of citizenship’s embassy) to determine whether or not you require a visa.

If you are traveling on one of our domestic Travel Study Programs, you must bring a government-issued photo ID with you, especially while traveling by air.

Is travel insurance included in my Study Abroad Program?
Travel insurance is not included in any Study Abroad or Travel Study Programs at this time. However, we strongly encourage you to purchase this insurance when traveling abroad.

Where do I find airfare for my trip?
You should look for fares that are refundable in case the need to cancel should arise. Many websites and travel agencies offer discounted restricted fares to college students. Do not purchase airfare until the program director advises you to do so.

International Students
If you are an international student who is applying to participate in a study abroad program, please inquire if you need a visa to the country where the study abroad program takes place.
Also, please contact the International Student and Scholar Center to make sure:
1. There is a current DSO signature on your I-20.
2. Your visa and passport are valid for re-entry into the U.S. when you return.

Cancellation Policy
The deposit is non-refundable, as are all expenses incurred up to the point of cancellation.