Assistant Professor of Political Science
Office: Lindquist Hall 138
- Ph.D., The University of Reno, Nevada 2018
- M.A., The American Graduate School of International Relations and Diplomacy, Paris, France, 2006
- B.A., The University of Southern Denmark, 2000
Janicke Stramer-Smith is originally from Denmark. Her research focus is on civil-military relations, labor movements and regime-change in the Middle East, North Africa and Europe, where she has spent extensive time living and researching in several different countries. Her primary focus is on the political dynamics of political transitions with regard to the politicization of the military establishment. Other areas of interest include the politicization of labor movements and their ability to influence political transitions.
- POLS 1100 Introduction to American National Government
- POLS 1010 Introduction to Political Science
- POLS 2200 Introduction to Comparative Politics
- POLS 3200 Comparative Politics of the Middle East and North Africa
- POLS 3210 Politics in the European Union
- POLS 3290 Democratization and Political Transitions
- POLS 4200 Authoritarianism in Comparative Perspective
- POLS 4210 Political Violence and Contestation.