Our public administration minor gives you the theoretical and empirical background for a career in government or to go on to graduate studies, specifically Master of Public Administration (MPA) and public policy programs.
Courses examine the following aspects of public administration:
- The administrators who manage and implement policy
- How public administrators perform their duties
- Economic, politial and social dynamics
- Management challenges related to human resources, finance, program development, evaluation and strategic planning
- Public policy analysis
- Measuring the performance of the administrative state
As a public administration minor, you’ll also take part in discussions about the values and ethics unique to the public sector. In addition, you can gain practical experience in internships, our Model United Nations and Moot Court teams.