Become a Community Leader Intern
Community Leader Internship
The Community Leaders Network is a paid internship program established by Ogden Civic Action Network (OgdenCAN) to provide educational and professional opportunities for residents of the East Central Neighborhood of Ogden, Utah to develop as leaders in their community. Through this program, interns are trained in civic engagement and community development. Interns are given the opportunity to create their own impact through a community project. The vision of the Community Leaders Network is for interns to emerge as public leaders in East Central Ogden and beyond and to maintain their impact long after their internship is completed. Interns’ community projects will directly nurture community assets and strengthen OgdenCAN’s four pillars of housing, health, education, and financial stability. Community connection and civic engagement in East Central Ogden as a whole will broaden and increase as volunteers from the neighborhood engage in interns’ community projects.
Learn more about the program and the curriculum here: Community Leader Network Curriculum.
What is it?
- a paid internship designed to develop leadership in community-minded residents of East Central Ogden
- an opportunity to make an impact through a community organizing project you do with your own neighbors
- a chance to build connections and well-being as you bring out the best that’s in your neighborhood
When is it?
- eight months (from the middle of September to the middle of May) where you . . .
- learn about Asset Based Community Development and Human Design Thinking
- discover community resources and helpful connections
- grow through small group training, one-on-one mentoring and personalized coaching § develop all the skills you need to accomplish a worthwhile community project
- meet weekly with dedicated facilitators and a small cohort of other great community leaders
7-10 hours/week including weekly training + talking & gathering with neighbors to accomplish goals