To earn Departmental Honors in the Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies program, a student must:
- Declare a Bachelor of Integrated Studies Degree.
- Complete all BIS Degree requirements.
- Earn an institutional or overall GPA of 3.5.
- Earn an “A” or "A-" in BIS 4800, the BIS Capstone project.
- Do one of the following:
- Participate in a minimum of 3 Honors Events or an Honors course (1-3 credits). A list of courses can be found on the Honors website (weber.edu/honors/courses). For Honors Events, provide the Departmental Honors Advisor with a list of the titles and dates of the events that you attended. Documentation of Honors courses taken will appear in your Cattracks.
- Complete documented community service hours using the Center for Community Engaged Learning tracking system. Provide the Departmental Honors Advisor with a link to your documentation in the CCEL tracking system or a list of services performed that includes (a) a description of the services provided; (b) dates of the service; and (c) the number of hours clocked for each service activity. The minimum requirement is 20 service hours. Hours must be completed one semester before graduation.)
- Present a scholarly paper in a public forum such as WSU Undergraduate Research Conference or Symposium. Provide the Departmental Honors Advisor with an email attachment of pages from the conference program that identifies (a) the title, date, and location of the conference and (b) your paper presentation as a part of the conference program.