Dr. Daniel Bedford, Professor
Office: Library 324A
Ph.D., University of Colorado- Boulder, 1997
M.A., University of Colorado- Boulder, 1992
B.A., Oxford University, England, 1989
Current research interests include the weather and climate influences of the Great Salt Lake.
Courses Taught at Weber State University
- GEOG PS 1000 Natural Environments of the Earth
- GEOG SS 1300 People and Places of the World
- GEOG 3050 Weather and Climate
- GEOG 3090 Arctic and Alpine Environments
- GEOG 3590 Geography of Europe
- GEOG 4990 Research Seminar
Courses Taught at Middlebury College
- Physical Earth Processes
- Water Resources Geography
- Weather and Climate
- Arctic and Alpine Environments
- Natural Hazards
- Causes and Consequences of Climate Change
- Weather and its Violent Sides
Courses Taught at University of Colorado - Boulder
- Environmental Systems I: Climate and Vegetation
- Atmospheric Science II: Climatology
- Conservation Practice and Resource Management
- Bedford, D., 2015, Does Climate Literacy Matter? A Case Study of U.S. Students’ Level of Concern about Anthropogenic Global Warming, Journal of Geography, DOI: 10.1080/00221341.2015.1105851.
- Cook, J., Bedford, D., & Mandia, S., 2014, Raising Climate Literacy Through Addressing Misinformation: Case Studies in Agnotology-Based Learning, Journal of Geoscience Education, 62(3), 296-306. Article
- Bedford, D., Review of "Earth: The Operator's Manual," Reports of the National Center for Science Education, July-August, 2013. Review
- Bedford, D., and J. Cook. 2013. Agnotology, scientific consensus, and the teaching and learning of climate change: A response to Legates, Soon and Briggs, Science and Education, 14 June 2013, DOI: 10.1007/s11191-013-9608-3. Article
- Bedford, D., 2010, Agnotology as a teaching tool: learning climate science by studying misinformation, Journal of Geography, vol. 109 no. 4, pp. 159-165. Article
- Bedford, D., 2009, The Great Salt Lake: America's Aral Sea?, Environment, vol. 51 no. 5, pp. 8-19.
- Bedford, D.P., 2009, Bytes of Note: The cryosphere and climate change, Environment, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 5-6.
- Bedford, D.P., and A. Douglass, 2008, Changing properties of snowpack in the Great Salt Lake Basin, western United States, from a 26-year SNOTEL record, The Professional Geographer, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 374-386.
- Bedford, D.P., 2005, Utah's Great Salt Lake: A complex environmental-societal system, The Geographical Review, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 73-96.