Last Lecture Nominations
The time has come to submit your nominations for a favorite faculty member to deliver the 2023 Last Lecture. In this tradition, one of Weber State's finest instructors is invited to give a hypothetical final presentation to students and colleagues. This lecture can take any form and be on any topic, and is often a topic that a professor never has the opportunity to present in a typical class. This long-standing tradition is common throughout the country, and has been a way to honor and highlight the work of one of our faculty members. Please fill out the nomination form below.
The following criteria may assist you in the nomination process:
- Nominee can present within the year of retirement.
- Nominee is anticipated to retire within 5 years.
- If not within 5 years of retirement, is there a compelling reason for the nominee to present a last lecture sooner?
- Nominee has extensive experience and a message.
- Nominee has taught at a university, been active in their field of expertise, or made innovative contributions over the last 25 years.
Nominations must be submitted by Monday, April 3 at 5:00 pm.