For questions or concerns about Weber State's response and plans about Covid-19 (Coronavirus), please vist the following website: https://www.weber.edu/coronavirus/default.html
Fall 2020 Office Hours:
- Our office hours during the fall semester will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Please note that everyone entering the TLF Office must have their temperature taken before entering and must wear a mask.
The Teaching & Learning Forum was created by a group of faculty in 1992. The Forum offers retreats, book groups, workshops, collaborative projects, and other initiatives in support of faculty development. Activities are directed by the Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (TLA) Committee , a standing committee of the Faculty Senate, and the appointed coordinator who also serves as chair of the TLA Committee. Forum offices are located in Room 326 of the Stewart Library. The office is staffed year round. Please visit our library of books and materials on teaching and learning, including updated versions of MLA, APA and AMA manuals for publication and editing.
The following conferences/events are not sponsored by or affiliated with the Teaching and Learning Forum. For more information about them, please click on their respective links:
Teaching and Learning in the Diverse Classroom
Cornell University’s Center for Teaching Innovation is launching a massive open online course (MOOC) for educators, “Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom,” one of the first online courses to guide instructors in exploring frameworks and strategies for building and sustaining inclusive learning environments. U.S.-based and higher-education-centered, the five-week course is for anyone with teaching responsibilities, at any level of diversity expertise. Registration for the course is open now.
The course features:
- compelling voices and stories from students and faculty
- opportunities to reflect on social identity, both your own and students'
- an introduction to key research on inclusion and student-centered learning
- an emphasis on assessing your own course design through the lens of inclusion
- a learning community guide to help form a cohort at your institution.
Please get in touch with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you trying to publish for tenure and promotion? Do you have some research focused on teaching and learning? Here are some selected journals on teaching and learning to which you could send your submission. Good luck!