The lifeguarding course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies, as well as provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses.
- 15 years of age before the last date of the class
- Must pass a pre-course evaluation with the following elements:
- Able to swim 300 yards non-stop (front crawl or breaststroke) using rhythmic breathing
- Timed Event: Swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10lb brick from 7-10 feet deep, swim for 20 yards within 1 minute 40 seconds
- Tread water using only the legs for 2 minutes
- Attendance is required at all sessions in order to pass the course
- $155 for WSU students/faculty/staff | $165 for community members
- Cost includes non-refundable $10 pre-test
- Participants may purchase a CPR Mask for $15
- Register here, or call 801-626-7967
- October 9 & 10, Friday 4-7pm, Saturday 12-5pm
- This is a blended learning course. Participants will receive instructions for online modules once registered for the course.
Requires a minimum of 5 participants