I want to be part of GEAR UP
If you are a student at one of our participating schools and are interested in being a part of GEAR UP please print and fill out the application below and turn it in to your school’s counseling center, or contact our office.
Tuition WaiverThe Education Access & Outreach GEAR UP (EAO/GU) Tuition Waiver is offered to outstanding entering undergraduate students planning to attend Weber State University for the 2014-15 academic year. Tuition waivers are awarded on the basis of academic achievement; extra-curricular involvement and/or leadership activities; personal, academic, and career goals; and demonstrated financial need. Receiving a Tuition Waiver is a great honor, and receipients join a select number of students who represent GEAR UP at Weber State University each year. As such, adhering to program requirements and standards is of highest priority.
- Accepted to Weber State University for the 2014-15 academic year
- Minimum 2.5 high school GPA (cumulative)
- Legal US citizen or eligible non-citizen (e.g., permanent resident)
- Full time student for each semester of the 2014-15 academic year
- Enrolled in Statewide GEAR UP program in high school
- Completed FAFSA for the 2014-15 academic year
>>Tuition Waiver Application