Volunteer Management Training
The Weber State University Center For Community Engaged Learning received the pilot program grant in late 2011 and began relaying the trainings they received to their partners in 2012. All volunteer managers who participate in at least four of the five sessions receive their certification from the Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism. We highly recommend that you implement principles from these modules in your own volunteer programs. Volunteers will have a better experience, thus leading to higher retention rates and better overall satisfaction. Volunteer managers, while having to put in additional work initially, will reap the benefits of a volunteer program that is increasingly self-sustaining.
Additionally, organizations wishing to partner at the Wildcat or Purple Pride levels must have a Certified Volunteer Manager in their volunteer program. The sessions run February through June annually.
Contact the CCEL at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-626-7737.
If you wish to attend Volunteer Management Training but are not making changes to your level of partnership, please contact our Community Partner Coordinator, Jenny Frame at email@example.com
801-626-7737 to receive a registration form.
Volunteer Management Training Details
All sessions will take place from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Community Research Extension, 2955 Harrison Blvd
- Session #1 - February 19th - Volunteer Management & Creating a Position Description and Volunteer Application
- Session #2 - March 5th - Volunteer Recruitment and Digital Media & Interviewing Volunteers
- Session #3 - March 20th - Orientating and Training Volunteers & Placing and Supervising Volunteers
- Session #4 - April 9th - Volunteer Motivation and Retention & Volunteer Recognition
- Session #5 - April 23rd - Performance Reviews and Performance Problems & Risk Management
- Session #6 - May 7th - Organizational Assessment & Volunteer Program Evaluation