Embark on an immersive design adventure through Europe's architectural treasures. Explore Prague's timeless charm, sail the Danube on a culturally enriching and world renowned exquisite 8-day Viking River Cruise, delve into Vienna's imperial splendor, visit Budapest’s Castle District, analyze Carlo Scarpa's genius in Venice & Verona, walk in Palladio's footsteps in Vicenza, discover contemporary marvels in Milan and more! This isn't just a trip; it's a design odyssey that will transform your perspective. Join us for a 16-day architectural exploration like no other.
Destinations: Prague, Czech Republic · Regensburg, Germany · Passau, Germany · Krems, Austria · Vienna, Austria · Budapest, Hungary · Zagreb, Croatia · Venice, Italy · Vicenza, Italy · Verona, Italy · Milan, Italy
Program Dates: June 7 - June 22, 2024
Two-Phase Application Process
October 12: Interior Design Chapter · Members Only · Applications Begin
Applications will be reviewed by the panel and approved by October 16th
A $500 deposit is required to secure your spot. Please make your deposit to the Weber State Cashiers Office. You can make the payment over the phone or in person. Please email a receipt of your payment to email@example.com.
Deposit Payment Instructions (weber.edu/bursar/Contact_Us.h
Tell the cashiers office you want to pay directly into an account with the detail code: IL07. Include your W# as a note on the payment.
October 18: Applications open for all students, alumni, and community members. $500 deposit due at time of application. (Deposit will be refunded if program is at capacity or if the panel feels it is not the right fit for the applicant upon review.)
- 18+ years old
- Be responsible for carrying their own luggage
- Good physical condition
- Additional application: Please fill out the Short-Term Study Abroad Application and submit the following answers in PDF format to this link beginning on the dates listed above. Any length and style is acceptable to convey your answers to the following:
1) Choose one specific location from the trip itinerary that you are most interested in and explain why it stands out to you.
2) Describe how participating in this experience could benefit your academic and personal growth.
3) Describe how you plan to prepare for this journey and the steps you will take so that you can fully immerse yourself in the architectural and design experiences this trip has to offer.
Physical Fitness: Moderate to Demanding. Physically challenging activities, including extensive walking. Activities by foot may contain difficult, uneven surfaces and/ or multiple stairs and steep inclines. Total time walking or standing will exceed 3 hours. Average of 7 miles, continuous brisk pace per day.