What Vaccines Do You Need?

The information below should help you to understand adult immunization recommendations from the CDC and obtain appropriate vaccines.

flu shot clinic

Immunizations for Certain Academic Programs

While Weber State does not have an institution-wide immunization requirement, several programs within individual colleges may have requirements for students enrolled in their programs. These requirements are determined by each college and will be outlined in their study curriculum. Some immunizations may be prerequisites for clinical rotations.

If you were immunized entirely within the state of Utah, you may request your records through the Utah Statewide Immunization Information System (USIIS). A variety of options are available for you to obtain this information.


In some cases, you may be asked to produce proof of immunity to a certain disease, with or without proof of vaccination. Ogden Clinic can run specific blood tests, called titers, to measure your immunity.

Titers are not free to students; variable additional fees apply.

Tdap Vaccine

The Tdap vaccine is a combination vaccine that protects against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough). Adults should get one dose of the Tdap vaccine, then get a Td booster every 10 years. Pregnant women should receive a Tdap vaccine during their third trimester to protect themselves and their baby from contracting pertussis. Tdap vaccines are available through the Weber-Morgan Health Department and also through Ogden Clinic.

Tdap vaccines are not free; a fee is charged.

Flu Shots

Flu shots are encouraged for all students. They are typically 100% covered by most insurance plans. Flu shots are available seasonally beginning in early fall. The protection you get from vaccination will last throughout the flu season. You may obtain a shot at a variety of locations, including Ogden Clinic.

CDC Influenza Information

COVID-19 Vaccine

Find well researched resources, vaccine locations, testing locations, experts to talk to and more.

COVID-19 Vaccine Information & Conversations

Other Vaccines

For all other vaccines, please visit your primary care physician or your local Health Department.

For residents of other counties, or for other vaccine-related questions and information, please visit immunize-utah.gov.