Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Program (ASAP)
Got Busted? Start Here!
- Bring your purple referral sheet to Rochelle Creager, Student Wellness Coordinator, in room 210 of the Wildcat Center or call 801-626-7561 to schedule your initial appointment. You will have one week (or 5 business days, in the event of a holiday) from the date of your initial referral to schedule your initial appointment. Your appointment must occur within 30 days of your referral.
Please note: Do not wait to schedule your appointment in case you need to come back, call back, or wait for us to return your message.
- Complete the Intake Form. We will be automatically notified when you complete your intake form. This should be completed at least 24 hours prior to your individual ASAP assessment. You WILL be rescheduled if your intake form is not completed.
Please note: you will need to use your Weber email address to access the Intake form. Do not use a private email address.
- Complete your ASAP Pre-Test. This should also be completed prior to your first appointment with us to prevent any of the program materials from influencing your answers. As with the Intake Form, we will be automatically notified when you complete your Pre-Test.
Please note: you will need to use your Weber email address to access the Pre-Test. Do not use a private email address.
- Attend your individual ASAP assessment. This session is a one-on-one appointment to discuss the specifics of the incident, come up with a plan and provide additional referrals, as needed.
- Complete the appropriate E-Checkup To Go module(s). Depending on your referral, you may be assigned to complete one or both of the E-Checkup To Go modules for alcohol and/or marijuana. Your E-Checkup To Go assessment(s) must be completed prior to attending your HEDA workshop. You WILL be rescheduled if your assessment is not completed. Please bring a PRINTED copy of your E-Checkup results to your ASAP Workshop.
- Attend an ASAP Workshop. Three workshop sessions will be scheduled each semester. Please make whatever arrangements are necessary to ensure that you are able to attend one. You will have until the end of the semester in which your violation was received to complete the workshop requirement. If you receive your sanction towards the end of a semester and there are no further workshops available, please make arrangements with Rochelle and your appropriate referral source (housing, athletics, Dean of Students, etc.) to obtain an extension.
Clearing your Sanction
Upon completion of all three components of the ASAP program (individual assessment, E-Checkup To Go module, ASAP Workshop), you will be provided with a letter of completion. Please note: participation in the ASAP program will clear your University level sanction related to the Student Alcohol and Drug Policy (PPM 6-10). Additional sanctions may be imposed from your referral source (housing, athletics, program/department policies, etc.). YOU are ultimately responsible to ensure that your sanction is cleared. Your entire sanction should be remediated by the end of the semester.
What if I have schedule conflicts or I need to reschedule?
You should make every arrangement possible to make sure that you are able to attend both your individual assessment and your workshop. This may require you to reschedule work, cancel other plans, or even miss class. That said, we know that sometimes things happen. We will allow you to reschedule your individual assessment and your workshop ONCE, each.
Failure to complete program requirements as outlined above will result in a direct referral to the Dean of Students.
Wildcat Center 210 | 801-626-7524 | email@example.com |