Starfish is an early alert platform that supports student success by facilitating communication and connection between faculty, students, advisors and support services. For questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starfish is a retention technology tool that was launched at Weber State University in the fall of 2017. The purpose and goal of the tool is to enhance the way we work across campus to help students by:
- Facilitating communication and connection between instructors, students, advisors, and support services
- Providing a streamlined means for faculty to give feedback to students on course performance and/or attendance through Progress Surveys
- Helping us prioritize and coordinate outreach for students; especially our most vulnerable students
- Keeping students informed of their own progress and achievements and prompting them to action if needed
- Connect students to campus resources
Starfish "Get to Know You Survey" The Starfish student survey is called the "Get to Know You Survey" and is a cross-campus survey to assess student's needs before they start classes. It allows us to connect students to customizable resources while providing proactive outreach. (We provide resources to students based on their responses to the survey).
Training for WSU employees. Email email@example.com when you complete the training to gain access to the survey).
How does Starfish support retention and persistence initiatives at WSU?
- Check out our 20-21 Program Results to see what we were able to accomplish with the efforts of our amazing faculty and staff!
- Best Practices - 4 Tips for using Starfish Flags & Kudos for Faculty
- The 2019-20 academic year - progress surveys include all undergraduate courses in addition to developmental math and English and ESL courses. While the scope of progress surveys has increased, based on faculty feedback, we are limiting the administration of the survey to once a semester. Faculty will still have the option to raise manual flags at any time during the semester.