What You'll Learn
All nutrition education majors study nutrition for food values, diet design, health, cultural sensitivity, lifespan, fitness and current issues. Your studies will also be tailored to your area of concentration.
In this concentration, which can be completed fully online, you’ll study several nutrition topics related to sustainable cooking, the lifespan, fitness, and current issues, as well as, integrate your knowledge and expertise by completing elective courses in selected related disciplines like botany, child and family studies, communications, exercise and sport science, health, microbiology, physical education, psychology and/or professional sales.
In this concentration, you’ll study sports nutrition, diet therapy, advanced human nutrition, anatomy, physiology, chemistry and other related subjects in athletic training, exercise and sport science, physical education and/or psychology.
Bachelor of Integrated Studies
Increase your employment opportunities in health- and nutrition-related fields with a nutrition BIS emphasis.
What You Can Do
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared for a wide range of graduate and doctoral programs, including programs in the following areas:
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Sports Nutrition graduates are prepared to go on to master’s-level study in medical dietetics to become eligible to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
- Athletic Training (AT)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Pharmacy Doctor (PharmD)
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Osteopathic Doctor (DO)
- Doctor of Dentistry (DDS)
- Professor or nutrition scientist (PhD)
- Public health nutrition
In addition, you’ll be prepared for employment in an integrative nutrition field. Many organizations regularly employ graduates, including the following:
- Research laboratories
- Sports teams and athletic and health clubs
- Food distributors and grocers
- Service companies and associations
- Medical and wellness centers
- Hospitals and clinics
- School systems, colleges and universities
- Private practices
- Pharmaceutical and sales companies
- Government entities (Army, Navy, Air Force, NASA, Peace Corps, VISTA, WIC, Head Start, USDA and many others)