Computational Data Science and Machine Learning Graduate Certificate
The primary academic objectives of this certification are to help students gain the skills and knowledge necessary to understand the concepts of business intelligence, data analytics, and data science. Students will be able to interpret the tools and techniques related to prescriptive, descriptive, and predictive analytics. In addition, students will understand, assess, and apply computational algorithms utilized in data science investigations.
The majority of the required courses for this program are taught in person during the day.
- For enrolling in Spring: October 15
- For enrolling in Fall: March 15
- $60 application. The fee is waived for any students currently in a WSU Master of Science program.
- Overall GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale from the undergraduate program in which the bachelor’s degree is earned.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended.
- Consultation and academic planning with a faculty mentor
Require Courses (12 credits)
- CS 6570 (Data Science Algorithms I)
- CS 6580 (Data Science Algorithms II)
- CS 6600 (Machine Learning)
- Take one of the following:
- CS 6700 (Deep Learning Theory)
- CS 6705 (Applied Cloud Computing)
What You Will Learn
- Data Management and storage.
- Advanced methodologies in applied machine learning, data mining, and visualization concepts.
- Deep learning theory on face recognition, speech synthesis and recognition, object detection, and robotics.
- Modern cloud and distributed computing paradigms and tools.
MSDS Admissions Office Engineering Technology Bldg., Room 110A
1447 Edvalson St., Dept. 1801
Ogden Utah 84408-1801