Davis Learning Center Student Employment Opportunities
Davis Campus SI Leader
SI leaders facilitate study groups for a class in which they've excelled, building communication and leadership skills in the process.
- Share knowledge of the subject with students taking a particular class
- Help students earn better grades
- Help students learn effective study strategies
- Connect with other SI Leaders and students
- Have earned an A or an A- in the class
- Be recommended by the course professor
- Have adequate time available to hold SI sessions at times convenient to the class members
Tutors for Davis Campus
Tutors offer individual help in math, writing, and other subjects at a choice of three locations. Tutoring may be done on a drop-in basis and/or by individual appointment. Schedules are determined by tutor availability. Tutors earn national certification by taking a credit-bearing training course. Positions available in Math, English/Writing, Science/Social Science.
- Have earned a B+ or better in any courses to be tutored
- Have a strong working knowledge of the subject matter
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a desire to assist your fellow WSU students
Davis Learning Center Lead Tutor
The Lead Tutors mentor other tutors in their subject area (writing or math) by modeling best practice tutoring techniques, conducting tutor observations and subsequent coaching, and planning and facilitating staff meetings.
- Experience as a tutor
- Exceptional subject matter knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Davis Learning Center: 2750 University Park Blvd. | Layton, UT 84041 - D2 214 (2nd floor) | 801-395-3569