Writing Center Tutoring
Tutoring is free to all WSU students for their WSU courses.
Summer Semester Closures: May 27, July 4, July 24
***We will be closed Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day***
The Writing Center is a place where students can consult with tutors about writing for any WSU course or about other writing projects. Our Writing Center also serves as the Developmental English Learning Center which serves students in English 0900, 0955, and 1010.
Our focus is to support students in improving their writing skills. We can help at any stage of the writing process. For example, we can help with:
- brainstorming ideas
- strengthening logic
- developing and clarifying paragraphs
- improving introductions and conclusions
- using sources and creating citations
- proofreading for grammar and punctuation
You can come during drop-in hours or make an appointment. Try to come at least several days before your paper is due. If you need to come shortly before the due date, an appointment is recommended.
Summer 2019 Hours:
Drop-in Hours will begin May 13
M-TH 2 - 5:30 PM
F By Appointment
Call 801-395-3569 or visit the Davis Writing Center
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
You can meet one time or have a weekly appointment with the same tutor.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Tutoring Session
- Come for tutoring early in the writing process and leave yourself time to revise.
- Bring a description of the assignment and rubric, if available, and be familiar with your professor’s expectations.
- Unless you are seeking a brainstorming session, please have your writing project printed BEFORE you come in. You may print at the computer lab with your Wildcard for $.05 per page.
- Let the tutor know what you are most concerned about, and be sure to ask questions. This relationship is meant to support your ability to write with confidence and skill.
Writing Tutoring at WSU Ogden or Online
Davis Learning Center: 2750 University Park Blvd. | Layton, UT 84041 - D2 214 (2nd floor) | 801-395-3569