Dumke College of Health Professions Orientation
Thank you for your interest in the Dumke College of Health Professions. We have the program that’s just right to help you reach your dream. Review the applicant checklists and corresponding advising videos to learn more about our programs and classes you should take.
- We highly recommend that you begin with just 2 science classes per semester, including math.
- Make the following your top priorities:
- Completing your major’s applicant checklist
- Completing general education requirements
- Completing filler or elective classes of your choice
- If you are a first-year student, we recommend you begin with taking math and English courses, along with the following:
- Health Sciences 1103 - Intro to Healthcare Careers (HTHS 1103)
- Health Sciences 1101 - Medical Terminology (HTHS 1101)
- Attend one of our Walk-In Days at the WSU Ogden Campus (Marriott Allied Health Building 108) during the month of May:
- Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 from 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Wenesday, May 29th, 2019 from 8:30am-3:30pm
- If you are a Concurrent Enrollment or transfer student, look over your applicant checklist carefully to see which courses you have already fulfilled and which you need to take. If you are wondering how a class will transfer, please see our Transfer Guide.
- To maximize your advising appointment, submit all of your transcripts to Weber State before scheduling your session.
Health Administrative Services (HAS)
Health Information Management (HIM)
Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS)
Healthcare Coding (Certificate)
You can find more information on advising by finding your major on our Office of Admissions Advisement homepage.