A sputum culture was obtained and sent to the lab for gram stain, culture, and sensitivities.
- 27. What health care professional is responsible for gram stain and culture testing?
- 28. A gram stain differentiates bacteria into what two classes?
- 29. Why would an immunocompromised patient be more susceptible to disease?
Noah was again admitted to the hospital and started on antibiotics to treat gram-negative pneumonia. After 10 days of aggressive antibiotic therapy, another set of chest x-rays were ordered
- 30. What is pneumonia? What are some causes of pneumonia?
- 31. What is the difference between Noah's initial and final chest x-ray?
- 32. Which health care professionals worked together to diagnose and treat Noah's pneumonia? Define each role.
- 33. Do Noah's CBC and Bone marrow aspirate results indicate he is making progress? Base your answer on specific results.