BTS Arts Internship
Learn about arts integration and experience BTS Arts through this internship! The BTS Arts Internship is an opportunity for participants to gain skills in teaching elementary arts integration (music, dance, drama, or visual art) and provides a stepping stone for upcoming BTS Arts positions. BTS Arts is a statewide arts integration program that places highly-qualified arts educators in elementary schools. BTS Arts is legislatively funded and administered by the Utah State Board of Education. WSU supports BTS Arts through the Arts Learning Collaborative.
BTS Arts is growing! This means districts in the WSU service area (Davis School District, Weber School District, Ogden School District, and surrounding charter schools) are hiring ~48-96 new BTSArts specialists in the next 5 years. These potential teacher positions will be in music, dance, drama, and visual art; part-time or full-time, and offer the opportunity to earn required teaching licenses and arts endorsements while working. Fall 2021 Applications now open!
Check out a video documenting the Spring 2020 & Spring 2021 WSU BTSArts Internship: https://youtu.be/HX_xqXUBbxYApply
- Paid! ($15/hour)
- Positions in elementary (K-6) music, dance, drama, and visual art
Required: Basic art form knowledge in one (or more) or the following: dance, music, drama, or visual art
Preferred: Teaching experience
- Flexible scheduling
- Earliest start date in January 2020 and completed by April 2020
- 20 hours/semester – includes:
- (10 hours) online modules
- (8 hours) observation, prep, and co-teaching
- (2 hours) online reflection
What Will Interns Do?
- Learn about the BTSArts-Become familiar with arts integration
- Observe a BTSArts arts specialist
- Co-teach an arts integration lesson in the elementary classroom
- Explore classroom management skills for the arts classroom
- Develop age-appropriate and standards-based arts lessons, exercises, etc.
Need more information?
Please visit the following websites:
Have questions? Contact Kelly Glynn (firstname.lastname@example.org), BTS Arts Program Coordinator.