To earn Departmental Honors in Visual Arts and Design, you must:
- Be a declared BFA major
- Fulfill all the departmental requirements for a BFA, including:
- Taking the BFA Seminar and then the BFA Thesis if your emphasis is 2D, 3D, or Photography. At least one semester must separate these two courses.
- Taking the Design Seminar course if your emphasis is Visual Communications.
- Exhibit in a BFA show approved by the faculty or, if your emphasis is Visual Communications, participate in the Portfolio Review.
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and a departmental GPA of 3.7.
- Join and participate in the AIGA or the Student Art Guild
- Take one honors course. This may be an Honors General Education course. Students who have not completed their General Education requirements are encouraged to take Honors General Education classes.
How to Apply
- You must apply to be awarded departmental honors and be cleared by both the Visual Arts and Design Department and the Honors Program.
- Complete the application for Departmental Honors and submit it to the Honors Program (2nd floor of the Stewart Library).
- Visit with Marilyn Diamond, the Honors advisor, to be cleared for graduation with Departmental Honors. Contact her at 801-626-7336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Students earning departmental honors will be recognized in the following ways:
- “Department of Visual Art and Design” designation on transcript
- “Department of Visual Art and Design” printed on degree diploma
- Personalized letter signed by the President of Weber State University and the Honors Director
- Invitations to Honors educational and social events
- Invitation to Honors Nye-Cortez banquet at the end of the academic year