Carolyn R. Nebeker Art History Scholarship
Deadline: March 15, 2021
NOTE: This scholarship requires that you fill out the Specialized Scholarship Application AND submit additional materials to the department.
The intent of this award is to reward exceptional scholarship in art history by funding educational travel for the purpose of art history research within the countries of Europe. Travel may be with an approved art history study group, such as a university-sponsored program, or it may be independent travel research, not necessarily associated with course credit.
- Recipient must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Recipient must have a declared major or minor in the visual arts, with preference given to art history minors.
- Foundation-level art history courses must be completed by the date of application. In addition, the applicant must either have completed or be enrolled in one upper division art history course from the Department of Visual Arts during the semester of application.
Steps to Apply
- Update your scholarship information through your eWeber Portal by going to Financial Aid and Scholarship App.
- A 500-word prospectus detailing the intended research to be conducted during the study-abroad, and an addendum with a preliminary itinerary and bibliography of research related to the proposed study.
- One of the following:
- A minimum 1,250-word research paper (i.e. 5 pages, 1.5 line spacing, excluding illustrations and bibliography) written for an art history course, taken in the WSU Department of Visual Arts. The research paper must be properly documented with bibliography/works cited.
- A compilation/portfolio of essays and other WSU Department of Visual Arts upper-division art history assignments, comparable in quality and quantity to the requirements of the previous option. The material in the portfolio must be selected in consultation with the appropriate art history faculty member prior to submission.
- The project proposal must be endorsed by the art history faculty member for whom the relevant course materials were originally submitted.
- You must be a declared art major or minor following art program requirements. Bring submission materials and travel plan to the Visual Arts office by March 16, 2021, OR email your submission materials to email@example.com with the subject line Carolyn Nebeker Scholarship Submission Materials.
- Upon completion of the travel study, the recipient must submit a minimum 500-word report and image documentation of their trip.