The Writing Center will continue to hold tutoring sessions throughout the semester
during our regular tutoring hours.
Our sessions with you will be on screen.
We're happy to chat with you and look at your writing together.
Drop-in Sessions Are Online in Real Time
- Log in to your student Wildcat Mail gmail account, and start an email or Chat session with us at email@example.com.
- We will answer you and help you get going.
- You will share your paper with us in Google Docs so you and the tutor can see the paper together. You can see and hear each other with Google Meet video; we'll show you how.
Austin describes how to start a Hangouts and Share a document for review together.
Appointment Sessions Are Online in Real Time
To get an appointment to meet a writing tutor to go over your paper or project, use this link:
- Select Ogden Writing Center from the drop-down list.
- At the time of your appointment, the tutor will use Chat to help you share your paper and to start the video call.
- Simply click Accept in the pop-up window on your email screen to get started.
If you have access to a computer but not to a camera, we can possibly hold the online session over the phone and through the Chat feature while looking at the paper together.
Online Paper Review.
Submit a paper online for feedback for any class or project.
We will send your paper back within a few days. This option is not available for ENGL 0900 and 0955.
Spring 2021 Hours
Monday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Spring 2021 Holiday Hours Closed
Jan. 18 -- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
Feb. 15 -- Presidents Day
Mar. 6 - 14 -- Spring Break
April Finals Week Hours
We will hold reduced hours through Thursday finals.
Then we will be closed until the first day of Summer 2021 semester classes.
All tutoring will take place online in Google Hangouts for Spring 2021.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by sending us an email or by starting a Hangouts Chat with us at email@example.com.
Get the Most out of a Writing Center Tutoring Session:
- Plan your time, coming in early in the writing process and leaving yourself time to revise. You may also want one or more follow-up sessions, and planning well allows you time to revise well and edit well.
- Bring a description of the assignment, if available, and be familiar with your professor’s expectations.
- Unless you are seeking a brainstorming session, bring a copy of your most recent draft of your paper or digital project. Also, our printers are available to print works to be tutored, and you can open your Adobe projects on our computers.
- Let the tutor know what you are most concerned about, and be sure to ask questions. This relationship is meant to support your ability to compose and revise with confidence and skill.
- If you make an appointment, be certain to arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to get the nearest available tutor to your time slot. Arriving even one minute late means losing the appointment slot, but you can still get in line for a drop-in session.
More Writing Tutoring Options