WSU Hosts Overnight Freshmen Adventure at Pineview Reservoir
OGDEN, Utah –Weber State University freshmen will explore nature and make friends at “Experience Weber” an overnight camping adventure at Pineview Reservoir, Aug. 22 and 23.
Hosted by the WSU Outdoor Program, the two-day event will acquaint new students with the rich outdoor recreation opportunities that surround the university. Activities include paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing and camping. The Outdoor Program has sponsored the freshmen trip for four years and has seen many benefits.
“Some of the students are coming from a distance where they’re not familiar with Utah, and they’ll get to experience some of the cool things we have right here in our backyard,” said Daniel Turner, WSU program coordinator. “Those who live nearby will make deeper connections to nature and with their new campus colleagues.”
Turner said students who attend these activities open up about their concerns regarding college in a relaxed atmosphere. Staff and faculty are able to respond and help them connect with the appropriate individuals and departments on campus.
The $40 registration fee includes camping equipment and food.
- 8:30 a.m. - Arrive at the Outdoor Program Annex 9.
- 9:30 a.m. - Depart for Pineview Reservoir for a day of fun on the water (stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing)
- 10 a.m. - Set up camp
- 11 a.m. - Unload boats and hit the water
- 11 a.m. - Beach yoga class (optional)
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch on site (Lunch provided)
- 1:30 p.m. - Hit the water
- 4:30 p.m. - Pack up and head to camp
- 5 p.m. - Activities with WSU Campus Recreation
- 6:30 p.m. - Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. - Campfire and camp activities
- 7:30 a.m. - Eat breakfast
- 8 a.m. - Break down camp
- 9 a.m. - Depart for Weber State
For more information and to register, visit weber.edu/experienceweber/default.html.
Visit weber.edu/wsutoday for more news about Weber State University.