- Original receipt is attached to the petty cash voucher.
- Expenditure is for a legitimate university purpose.
- Information on the petty cash voucher matches the receipt.
- Voucher is not used for personal services.
- Reimbursement amount does not exceed the $75 petty cash limit.
- Voucher is properly signed by account administrator. (If the person receiving reimbursement and the account administrator are the same person, a supervisor must sign the voucher.)
- Food purchase must be for a legitimate University purpose.
- Cost code is stamped on the voucher.
- Meal reimbursement should list attendees and purpose.
- Any departmental petty cash funds appear necessary and have procedures for control and regular reconciliation.
- Avoid paying sales tax when possible.
For a printable version of this report click here.