Does your child want to...
Sharpen his or her math skills?
Go on exciting field trips?
Develop problem solving skills & logical thinking?
Experience college life on WSU campus?
Make new friends?
WSU PREP is full for 2017!
Please apply in December for 2018.
WSU PREP motivates and prepares high-achieving students in grades 6–8 for success in school and future careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. WSU Prep is a FREE summer academic program for students in Davis, Ogden and Weber school districts. If your child attends a charter, private or home school, we do have a limited number of spaces available. Please contact the program director at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Students attend WSU PREP for three consecutive summers. The program runs Monday to Friday. Fridays are reserved for field trips and special educational events.
This Coming Year's Program
June 6–July 19, 2017
8:50 a.m.–3 p.m.
All Participants must:
- Currently be enrolled in 6th, 7th or 8th grade.
- Fill out the application and all other necessary application items.
- Have 86% or better in mathematics class.
- Be in good standing in all courses.
- Attend all 7 weeks of WSU PREP. A maximum of 5 absences are allowed. However, absences often conflict with the student’s learning. If your summer plans would require an absence beyond 5 days, please do not apply.
- Arrange transportation to and from WSU PREP daily and bring lunch or lunch money.
- Complete daily homework assignments. Three missed homework assignments may result in the student missing a Friday field trip.
Would you like to join WSU PREP in Year 2 or Year 3 (and did not complete the previous years)? Follow these steps to apply:
- Turn in application and all other necessary application items.
- Must have an A in math.
- Be in good standing in all classes
- Learn logic and take the Logic post test and receive a 55% or higher. Please schedule an appointment to take the logic test in the spring by May 26th.
WSU PREP Program Manager
WSU PREP Site Coordinator